Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dabs of turquoise...

Five in the morning finds me dabbing strokes of turquoise across a large canvas of a woman at peace with the sea. The early morning of quiet reflection is induced by the songs of birds awakening to a new day and the early light filtering in through a window over my shoulder. The woman breathes before me in tandem with the swirl of aquatic movement that suggest summer on the Vineyard. More and more my mind turns toward the moment I will be there among nature, friends and family sharing new memories to come.

As I look about at the paintings that have been created this year I see moments shared in each, like notes of time marking what we have been through together, and like friends I want to hold them closer. The strokes that work and didn't work, the colors that fit and didn't fit, conspire in the unknowable dance of opportunity within each dab of color. Like everything in life, it is not knowing that gives it the spark of excitement, that spurs us on to another day.

As this early morning brightens into this day I look forward to what I don't know about the next dab of turquoise.

Below is a mention of the show in the latest issue of Art Collector magazine.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!! My other favorite Vineyard location. See you soon. Xo Amy

Mary Anne Davis said...

Glenn, your steadiness of work and spirit inspire. Good luck with your upcoming show! Hope to see you and Joe before the summer is over! xo

Anonymous said...

Your reflections take me right to the Vineyard and I feel a sense of sadness at not being there this year. So thanks for the reminder and all the best on your show. I definietly am feeling the loss about not being there for that!!!

Deborah W. said...

Glenn........I didn't intent for my comments to be anonymous. It is Deborah from North Carolina!!!

Anonymous said...

great press, Glenn!
Keep painting...
Elisa

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sentiment and painting. See you on the Vineyard.

Harry

Anonymous said...

Quite inspiring! At peace in a beautiful location. To be able to express that in paint and words is quite a gift.

Best,

John